Hi All!

It's been a while since I last posted! Been on the move mostly with no internet!

was pleasantly surprised when some friends who met me said they were waiting for more posts on my blog and YouTube channel.  

So without delay here I am - Today is an auspicious day and the beginning of the Marathi New Year, while in the North, it is the beginning of the nine-day Chaitra Navaratri dedicated to Goddess Durga and Her nine incarnations. So here's wishing you all a



and hope the New Year has all the colors of happiness and laughter for you and your family!

It is a new beginning for me too - getting back on track with a new post while carrying forward my past recipes. After puja and offering Srikhand as "prasad', a traditional offering on Gudi Padva day, I am re-posting my recipe and video of my Quick Srikhand for all of you to enjoy!

INGREDIENTS :

Homemade Curd - 4 Cups 
(If homemade curd is not ready we can use Amul curd / Nestle curd also )

Condensed Milk ( Nestle Milkmaid ) - 1 tin 
Saffron - 13 to 14 strands 
Warm Milk -4 tsps

For Garnishing :

Soaked & Sliced Pista - a few
Soaked & Sliced Almonds - a few
Saffron strands - a few 
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp

Muslin cloth to hang the curd in


METHOD

1. Soak the 14 strands of Saffron in warm milk and keep them aside 
2. Pour the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it tight in a high place for about 4 to 5 hours 
3. Before hanging the curd in the muslin cloth, add a teaspoon of sugar to the curd so the curd does not taste sour. 
4. After 4 to 5 hours remove the hung curd from the muslin cloth and put it in a bowl and whisk it for about 5 to 7 minutes till smooth.
5. Then mix the condensed milk and blend them well till creamy.
6. After this add the saffron previously soaked in warm milk - you will get a nice yellow colour.
7. Mix the Cardamom Powder 
8. Pour the creamy Shrikhand into a serving bowl and keep it in the fridge to cool.
9. Before serving garnish the Shrikhand with sliced Almonds, Pista, and Saffron strands.
10. Serve the Srikhand with hot Puris





See you all next week with Recipies I learned during my recent visit to Vietnam and Cambodia - a tour I had organised ........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Comments

Post a Comment