Hi all ,

Yesterday I made Biscuits to avoid eating the regular Biscuits that have sugar and preservatives in them.

 I had a surplus of Oats and Dates, so I decided to put it together along with wheat for binding and see the result and it did turn out great!

Feeling happy with myself I posted the Photo on my various friends' group. To my already happy mind the overwhelming response to the Photo and for the Recipe, I received from everyone was indeed a bonus!

So here I am ......

Every recipe has a measurement, but I made up my own.
This reminds me of my younger days when I had started serious cooking after marriage and would ask my mother recipes and their measurements. With my continuous phone calls for the measurement's, a point came when my mother said -now learn to judge and apply masala accordingly.

She gave me the basic of 1: 2 for sweets and Upma and 2.5 tsps measurements for various recipes but still insisted I should take it from there and judge the quantity and use spices.

I guess that teaching helped me to judge better and use spices accordingly. Today I do that. but write it down for others.


OATS & DATES BISCUITS 




Ingredients 

Oats - 1 cup

Wheat - 1 cup

Dates (seeded and mashed) - 1 cup (but if you want it sweeter take 1 1/2 Cups)

Cinnamon Powder - 1 teaspoon 

Green Cardamom Powder -1 teaspoon 

Clove Powder -1/4 teaspoon 

Ghee - 1/2 Cup 

Sunflower Seeds / Pumpkin seeds - (Optional) - you can add but I haven't added this time as I forgot.

Fruit puree of Apple, Banana will make the biscuit slightly soft 


Method 

Mix all the ingredients and let it stand for a whole day.

Preheat the Oven for 20 minutes at 160 degrees 

Bake at 160 degrees for 15 minutes one side and 15 minutes after flipping it over.

However, keep a watch that it does not burn or gets undercook as each oven is different as I learnt 

Do not remove from the oven immediately. Let it cool.


--------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------------------

Comments

  1. Amazing recipe. Healthy and yummy!! Perfect tea time snack..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Swati . So glad you liked them .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wait for ur recipes.amazing n easy to cook..thanks for sharing 💐

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment